Thursday, January 15, 2009

Untitled #498

Hmmm. What comes after yellow. I think red. Yesterday I may have had more blood fly out of me in a hurry then I ever have. The tip of my thumb is sliced to the bone. And no I didn't do it with a knife like you would think. I was scrubbing dishes at work with steel wool. And some of the wool got wrapped around one of the supports for the chicken racks. So like I usually do, I gave the steel wool a yank because then it just breaks and I continue scrubbing. But no. Not my luck this day. I go to yank it. Not only does it not break. But so very fast a strand of the steel just slit through my thumb tip. Blood literally squirted onto the wall behind the sink and all over the dishes which I had to re-sanitize. So all day I had to function with a huge bandage on it and a thumb condom. I am still fascinated by how much blood can come out of a non-extremity.

No comments: